Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Group Ta Two on the Water!

Howdy loyal readers of Der Blog!

Going to be an abbreviated blog this evening, as I've got no photos! I set my camera down in one of the guest rooms, who are now asleep. I could barge in there and grab it, but those who know me realize I am far too genteel for such a shenanigan (ha ha!)

And there are no fish pictures either! Chips remain in cameras, but never fear, I am going to dish the dirt in a big way tomorrow night!

Der Blogmaster spent the day on Rock Creek. There is a lot that goes on in my day around here, firewood, find the missing horseshoe in the stream, load things up with ice. Normal lawyer stuff. I went for a run down Rock Creek Road. And on the way back I found a GUN! A pretty fancy Ruger pistol, brushed steel. Now, I couldn't run with a gun in my hand, and when it was in my pocket I couldn't run because of the weight, it was pulling down my shorts. So I walked several miles until I ran into a Forest Service ranger and turned it over to him. I have yet to discover any errant weaponry on the ground in California, better keep my eyes peeled. After that bit of excitement it was into town for me, for a visit with Whitney and Jazz. Good times in Missoula!

But on to the boats!

First in were Sally and Tim "the Marauder" Moratto. Sally caught leaves, grass, her leg, and the guide, but sadly no fish. Manana Sally! The Marauder fared slightly better, losing a few but landing a few, with a big fish of 18".

Ron gave the report for himself and Mark Grassi, who was off looking for a wayward dog (fortunately JJ turned up 2 hours later, totally wet and rather scared, whew!) The pair did pretty well, with an 18 fish total, with Ron bagging the 18" brown and Mark strangely enough hooking only whitefish.

Patty and Ken Snider were next. The Snider's had a film boat covering them, and good thing since Patty was killing it out there! 25 fish! Tons of footage filmed, which wore the kids out. Ah, to be 15, and watch adults fishing... for 8 hours... zzzz....... but it is a good thing they were there, since Ken had some trouble with the digital camera, and recorded zero images of the haul! Gotta press tha button ALL the way down!

Tim and Shanna Banana Rodgers followed up with 6 fish in the boat, a good mix of rainbows and browns. Biggest on the day was Tim's 17" rainbow. In a surfacing trend in Extravaganza 08, Shanna reeled her fish in right at the pullout.

Tom Stallard and Angel Perez had an all rainbow day, with each man landing two. The highlight was Angel's 20"er, which put this vet in the Twenty Inch Club on his second Extravaganza! Well done Angel!

Ladd and Kristine Bedford had good news and bad news... the bad news was that they didnt' catch many fish. The good news was that Krisitine hooked a 72", 200lb... guide. Wait, that really isn't good news. But, they had and 18" rainbow and a 19.5" brown, not bad at all. Really just shows they didn't adequately bribe their guide. 19.5"? Is that a joke? 20 every time in my book!

David Nelson and Dave "double pump" Currie were hot in the morning, landing 8 in the first 2 hours. Lotta jumpers in the group, there were fish in the air all day. The two had not one but two 19.5" fish, which leads me to believe these saps don't cheat at golf either. sheesh!

The finale was Scott Vion and Rob Cooper. In an unusual turn of events, Rob's big fish was entered in at 20 3/4"! First time we at the Extravaganza have broken it down to 1/4" increments but I suppose that is just a sign of the increased competition! Regardless, my hat is off to Rob for his great fish, and that hat in Yellow shall be placed on his head, bravo!

That's it for now, Group Two is chomping at the bit to head back to the Mo and pull out the lunkers!

No comments: