Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Group One: Pack Those Bags and Gags!

Group Oners...you are now officially on deck for our sixth annual event, Extravaganza 2008!!

Rather than repeat all that I have earlier relayed to you (and that would take a lot of repeating!), I refer you to Der Blog, www.montanaextravaganza2008.blogspot.com for your Camp (packing) list and, as you do so I provide you with a photograph to pin up over your suitcase as you do so...now a daily Montana sight are quickly mounting and developing thunderheads that run up and over river valleys at a frightful pace. Yes, it would be wise to remember that rain jacket and dry bag for the boat!

On other fronts, with the massive amounts of rainfall and exiting water this year, on the rivers mosquitoes are a real issue this year, so I recommend an extra long-sleeved shirt and but repellent for your further packing consideration.

As you travel on Friday (yippeee, we are just DAYS away now!), we will be tracking each of your flights and connecting success. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU RUN INTO PROBLEMS, PLEASE CALL BOTH OUR POINT RICHMOND OFFICE and MY MONTANA CELL PHONE: (406) 544-7753. Both Kathy and I will be in town to greet you and, if you wish, you can also reach Kocktail Kathy herself on her Montana cell: (406) 544-8602.

Allow plenty of time to get to the airport Friday morning. We have you set to leave on the first plane(s) out so incoming delays should not be an issue BUT all flights into and out of Missoula are now almost fully booked, so if you miss your initial flight the balance of your trip may well be in peril or, alternatively, you can elect to rent a car in SLC for an 8 hr+ drive to Missoula. Myself, I prefer the one hour (Delta) flight!

Onward we go and, thereafter, as tradition now holds, we shall fish and party together, only as Group One can do!!

RCR

No comments: