Hi Ron,
Just wanted to thank you and Kathy again for your tremendous support of well...so many, many important things. For me, fostering a new generation of young filmmakers was just one highlight among many. It was truly a special week of learning, teaching, and foremost, sharing. And personally, your Extravaganza hit on almost everything that I am passionate about!
I deeply appreciate your dedication of sharing Montana's wonders (including its fish) with others and passing on the messages of keeping Montana wild and conserving its sensitive creatures. The fly fishing guide in me exalted in seeing your group of friends touched by the rivers I grew up getting to know and love. I studied westslope cutthroat trout for 5 years before becoming a filmmaker, so the conservationist in me was glowing to see new stewards of OUR rivers born. And finally the filmmaker in me was touched to see six young artists show off their skills and develop new ones. They have walked away from your Extravaganza with an unforgettable memory and hopefully a new-found appreciation for the process of filmmaking, sharing stories and the ultimate power of film...the very reason why I decided to become a wildlife filmmaker instead of continuing in biology! And your gift to them of MWF memberships was an understated but perfect topping for their week...well done!
I hope you have found some time to wind down from the past few weeks...and get out on Rock Creek! I found myself out and about on the Clark Fork all weekend and oh, how good it felt to be floating again.
Again, thanks so much, just glad I could be a part of the whole scene! All the best to you and Kathy and hopefully we will meet again someday soon!
Dawson Dunning


No comments:
Post a Comment