Wednesday, July 23, 2008

FW: Extravaganza Photos and Film Headed Your Way!

A wonderful note (just received) follows from our Emmy award winning director of "Journey To The Soul," Jeanne Rawlings—she had to leave Missoula before the final edits were done and just reviewed her copy for the first time as have so many of you!

RCR
Hello Ron,

Just got The Journey To The Soul—wow! From the quiet edit bays where the kids poured hours over the long weekend to the polished DVD that I watched last night, I thank you for this 200% satisfaction windfall!

Thanks so much for sending the professionally polished and dynamically edited film at last. I would imagine the fishermen and women of the Extravaganza Movement will be yearning to dip their barbless hooks into the rivers of Montana after seeing the DVD. Alas – “only 11 more months ‘til we float next year” I bet they’re saying!

It’s so important for me to mention that Jazz Rowell played a big role in my coming on-board as field producer on the project. I’m attaching a photo of Jazz and the Fearless Trio – that is Jazz in the middle, with Janet Rose and Margaret Gainer on either side of her – to remind those Extravaganzers who had the pleasure of meeting Jazz (and her dog!) at the Rocking C Ranch during the filming in June.

During pre-production in May, Jazz put my mind at ease with her deep understanding of scheduling concerns. And in June, without Jazz’s support—that is, everything from equipping us with first-aid kits, proper food & nourishment, jockeying rental vans and arranging the student water safety class—the filming wouldn’t have happened, simply stated. The kids felt her concern and it empowered us all. Where Margaret and Dawson are the muscle, Jazz is the circulatory system for these film classes. I hope she knows she is not “behind-the-scenes” but rather an instrumental part of the well-oiled-machine that created The Journey To The Soul through the International Wildlife Media Center.

Thank you Ron! What a wonderful experience for this not-too-slightly jaded National Geographic film producer: Fish, Fresh-filmmakers and Fly-casters galore at the Extravaganza 2008’s first fine foray into the making of The Journey To The Soul.

Love to all,
Jeanne

No comments: