Dear Ron,
Thanks for your wonderful words of appreciation. I’m sorry I missed the last ride out to the Rocking Ranch, the screening with the kids, the big pay-off. I understand that the students were delighted to be there – what a terrific introduction to the power of film!
I must say that Dawson Dunning and Margaret Gainer pulled-in 75% of our success (to my measly 25%). They are experts on the nuances of getting the best out of newbie filmmakers. From their focus on the big picture, to the loving little jabs in the ribs when necessary, their persistent encouragement was not missed by this Montana Film Academy Instructor. I learned a tremendous lesson from Margaret about half-way through the complexities of building the Rough Assembly in 1/250th the amount of time it would take a professional: Take ‘Em Outside And Let ‘Em Air Their Thoughts. I’ll leave it to your imagination as to what that entailed. (Hint: pizza and green-tea non-fat yogurt encourage creativity).
I’ve got a few pictures to share with everyone and, for now, I thought these “say a lot”.
Much gratitude to you for helping foot the bills for me, and much love to you and Kathy for throwing your arms open to me through my stay on the Creek. I hope it works out with my schedule to come to the Lark in November – I’d love to see the final product.
Best to you,
Jeanne



No comments:
Post a Comment