Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Clark Fork Diversion: Up Close and Personal
Extravagant River Enthusiasts:
Attached are four "up close and personal" shots that I took just an hour ago of the ongoing diversion of the Clark Fork and Blackfoot Rivers into their new man-made channel.
The first of these is taken headed back to Rock Creek from Missoula and shows the backfilling of the channel (lined with a green fabric) from waters from the Blackfoot. (When this new home for the Clark Fork is filled, the river itself will be added to this flow and the Clark Fork diverted from its historical course into this channel.)
The next three photos are a series of shots that I took from ground level (I exited the freeway at Bonner, parked, and trekked under the freeway and over the intervening railroad tracks to take these--not your ordinary shots, I might add!) looking from upstream to midstream and then onto the dam (damn?) structure which will be completely removed once the river is rerouted.
More to follow!
Enjoy!!
RCR
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment